The Waldensian Faculty of Theology, the oldest institute in Italy for university studies in evangelical theology, originated in Torre Pellice in 1855.
The Waldensian Faculty of Theology, the oldest institute in Italy for university studies in evangelical theology, originated in Torre Pellice in 1855.
Having moved to Florence in 1861, with the aim of fully integrating into Italian life and culture, it continued training future pastors until 1922, the year in which the new headquarters in Rome was inaugurated in the Prati district not far from Casa Valdese di Roma.
The Waldensian Faculty not only serves the Waldensian, Methodist and Baptist churches, but all Italian Protestantism and ecumenical and interreligious bodies interested in learning about Protestant theology.
The Faculty is a place for meeting and dialogue, thanks to the coexistence of two elements: the awareness of its Protestant and reformed origins and the ecumenical sensibility that allows it to welcome both students from Protestant churches in Italy and abroad, and evangelical or Catholic students or those interested in the themes of biblical and theological sciences, but who are not members of any church.
The Faculty has a library where the historical sources of Italian and European Protestantism are available to scholars, and a Magna Aula available for national and international study conferences.
Finally, it has a boarding house that also offers hospitality to students from other faculties and institutes based in Rome. In particular, it hosts students from the Erasmus program and the Melantone ecumenical center that the Waldensian Faculty of Theology manages together with the Lutheran church in Italy (CELI).
For more information about the Boarding House (Convitto) and the services offered, you can contact the reception of Casa Valdese in Rome.

TwitterPinterestFacebookGoogle+
about us